J.R. Herrero serves or has served as:
GeorgiaTech, Atlanta, USA, 11-15 Feb 2019
École Polytechnique de Montréal, Canada, 5-11 Sept. 2017
UJI, Spain, Sep 2015 – July 2016
QUB, UK, August 2015
IST, Portugal, July 2010
NTUA, Greece, Feb 2009
BSC, Spain, Sep 2007 – July 2008
UCI, USA, June-August 1995
Computer Architecture Department, UPC, Sep. 1993
Betramij GmBh, Germany, May 1993
IBM Canada Ltd, Canada, July-December 1992
Consultoria y Proyectos, Barcelona, Spain, Sep. 1991
V.U.K.I., Bratislava, Slovakia, July 1991
- Member of inLab Talent Program Advisory Board at inLAB - FIB, UPC, BarcelonaTech, since May 2013.
- Vice-Dean for Institutional and International Relations at Facultat d'Informàtica de Barcelona (FIB), UPC, BarcelonaTech, June 2013 - May 2015.
- Vice-Dean Head of Academic Studies at Facultat d'Informàtica de Barcelona (FIB), UPC, BarcelonaTech, June 2010 - June 2013.
- Engineering Letters, (International Association of Engineers), since 2005.
- Concurrency and Computation: Practice & Experience, Special issue on GPU Computing and Models and Tools for Parallel Computing on Heterogeneous Platforms, 2014.
- Concurrency and Computation: Practice & Experience, Special issue on Computing with GPUs and Hardware Accelerators, 2013.
- Concurrency and Computation: Practice & Experience, GPUCOMP2009: Special issue on GPU computing, 2011.
Member of Organizing Committee and Co-Chair
- Workshop or Special Session on GPU Computing (at PPAM), 2015, 2017 and 2019.
Member of Program Committee
- International Conference on Parallel Processing and Applied Mathematics (PPAM 2009 to date). Poland. Biannually since 2009.
- World Congress on Engineering, London, U.K. Annually since 2007 to date.
- International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists, Hong Kong. Annually since 2006 to date.
- 11th International Workshop on Algorithms, Models and Tools for Parallel Computing on Heterogeneous Platforms (HeteroPar'2013). August 26 or 27, 2012, Aachen, Germany, in conjunction with EuroPar 2013
- Workshop on Exploitation of Hardware Accelerators (WEHA 2010) and (WEHA 2011) at The International Conference on High Performance Computing & Simulation (HPCS 2010) and (HPCS 2011).
- Session 7 on Software Security at The 10th IASTED Int. Conf. on Software Engineering and Applications (SEA 2006), Dallas, USA.
- Session 11.2 on Parallel methods for PDEs, Euro-Par 2003, Klagenfurt, Austria
- Applicable Algebra in Engineering, Communications and Computing.
- Data & Knowledge Engineering.
- Concurrency and Computation: Practice & Experience.- IEEE Transactions on Education.
- Journal of Supercomputing.
- Embedded Hardware Design (Microprocessors and Microsystems)
- Euro-Par, 2008, 2010.
- ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE), 2007-2008
- Workshop on state-of-the-art in scientific computing, ( PARA), 2006, 2008, 2010
- ACM International Conference on Computing Frontiers (CF), 2006
- IEEE International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS), 2005
Member of Working Group
- Working Group “Parallel Computing (Supercomputing) Education in Europe: State-of-Art” within Informatics Europe
Member of PhD Panel