Associate Professor (Professor Agregat)
Computer Architecture Department
UPC BarcelonaTech / Talaia Networks
D6-204 (Campus Nord)
Jordi Girona, 1-3
Tel: +34 934016824
Fax: +34 934017055
E-mail: pbarlet AT ac.upc.edu
PGP/GPG key: 2EC22241
Talaia Networks, S.L.
Pau Claris, 94
Tel: +34 937379379
E-mail: pere AT talaia.io
Web site: https://www.talaia.io
Pere Barlet-Ros received the M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) in 2003 and 2008, respectively. He is currently an associate professor with the Computer Architecture Department and senior researcher with the Advanced Broadband Communications Center of the UPC. He is co-founder and Chairman at Talaia, a University spin-off that develops innovative network monitoring products. He was also a visiting researcher with Endace, New Zealand (Winter 2004), Intel Research Cambridge, UK (Summer 2004) and Intel Labs Berkeley, California (Summer 2007). His research interests are in the fields of network monitoring, network data analysis, traffic classification, anomaly detection, SDN measurement and online privacy.
Projects and activities related to network measurements:
- SDN-Polygraph-2: Cloud-based Monitoring Service for Software Defined Networks (H2020 - SME instrument phase 2, ref. 726763, 2016).
- SUNSET-B: Sustainable network infrastructure enabling the future digital society (MINECO, TEC2014-59583-C2-2-R, 2015-2017).
- Talaia: UPC spin-off that develops innovative network monitoring products.
- NOMADS: A novel paradigm for network monitoring and data sharing (MINECO, TEC2011-27474, 2011-2015).
- SDN-Polygraph-1: Cloud-based Visibility Service for Software Defined Networks (H2020 - SME instrument phase 1, ref. 673922, 2015).
- POLYTEST: Experimentation with Network Polygraph in the Fed4FIRE testbed (Fed4FIRE-SME-3, 2015).
- METRA: Efficient measurement of advanced networks (INNPACTO, IPT-2011-1079-370000, 2011-2013).
- SMARTxAC: Traffic monitoring and analysis system for the Catalan RREN (CESCA, 2004-2014).
- COST-TMA: Traffic monitoring and analysis (COST, 2008-2012).
- CoMo: Continuous monitoring (2004-2009).
- CoMo-UPC: TMA evaluation service at UPC (2009).
- Shenesys: Load shedding in network monitoring applications (Intel Research Grant, 2005-2008).
- General and TPC co-chair TMA 2015 (Barcelona, April 22-23, 2015)
- TMA Steering Committee member (2015-present)
- TPC member TMA (2016, 2015, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010)
- TPC member TRAC (2016, 2015)
- TPC member IEEE WNM (2016, 2015, 2014, 2013)
- TPC member PAM (2015)
- TPC member IEEE M&N (2015)
- TPC member MERMAT (2013)
- TPC member IFIP/TC6 Networking (2013, 2011)
- TPC member IEEE ICCCN (2011)
- FiberEmprenedors: Best FIB entrepreneur (together with Josep Sanjuàs). FIB Alumni, May 2015.
- VALORTEC: 2nd prize to the best technology-based start-ups in Catalonia. Generalitat de Catalunya, Feb. 2013.
Previously I taught:
- Computer Structure I (FIB, 2005-2010)
- Introduction to Computers (EETAC, 2003-2005)
- Programming Lab. (EETAC, 2003-2004)
- Computing and Programming Techniques (EETAC, 2003-2004)
- Ph.D. students:
- José Suárez-Varela
- Hoan Le
- Georgios Dimopoulos
- Jakub Mikians (graduated, 2015) [pdf]
- Valentín Carela Español (graduated, 2014) [pdf]
- Tomasz Bujlow (co-advisor, graduated, 2014) [pdf]
- Ignasi Paredes Oliva (graduated, 2013) [pdf]
- Josep Sanjuàs Cuxart (graduated, 2012) [pdf]
- M.Sc. and B.Sc. theses:
- Alvaro Espuña Buxo (FIB 2016)
- Albert Trelis Saiz (FIB 2016)
- Albert Navarro Sanchez (FIB 2015)
- Marion Maugendre (FIB/MIRI, ISIMA 2015)
- Antonio Martínez González (FIB/MEI 2015)
- Fabio Sagliocco Teruel (FIB 2013, with Telefonica I+D) [pdf]
- Santiago Sebio Gallego (FIB 2013) [pdf]
- Antoni Vilà Puig (FIB 2013) [pdf]
- Georgios Dimopoulos (MINT 2012) [pdf]
- Masumi Mutsuda Zapater (FIB 2012, with ZhiLabs) [info]
- Gabriella Andriuzzi (Univ. Napoli Federico II 2011)
- Ismael Castell Uroz (CANS 2011) [pdf]
- Oriol Mula Valls (CANS 2011) [pdf]
- Alejandro López Cruces (ETSETB 2011) [pdf]
- Ignasi Paredes Oliva (CANS 2009)
- Valentín Carela Español (CANS 2009)
- Ismael Castell Uroz (FIB 2009)
- Josep Sanjuàs Cuxart (CANS 2009)
- Derek Hossack López (FIB 2007) [pdf]
- Eva Codina Prat (FIB 2006)
- Josep Sanjuàs Cuxart (FIB 2006)
- Diego Amores López (FIB 2006)
- Jorge Alcántara Tadeo (FIB 2005)
- Adnan Berberovic (KTH Stockholm/FIB 2004)
The CCABA research group and Talaia are continously looking for good students and engineers to develop her PFC, Master Thesis or PhD in topics related to Internet measurements, network monitoring and traffic analysis. If you are interested in a project that could lead you to a PhD (doctoral degree) or a position in Talaia, please send me an email with your CV and a motivation letter.
- An innovative network visibility service for Software Defined Networks (SDN)
- Uncovering Obfuscated Web Tracking